Safety measures at Glendon in response to COVID-19 virus
Updated 12th March 2020
We would like to reassure our guests that we are taking every precaution to ensure our guests’ health and wellbeing whilst they are staying with us at Glendon Bed and Breakfast.
- Previously both owners of Glendon, worked as nurses and we therefore have good knowledge of measures to avoid cross-contamination. This knowledge informs the measures we are taking to ensure all our guests can be reassured that maintaining a safe environment is our absolute priority.
- We review the advice from Public Health England/NHS daily to identify any additional steps we can take to mitigate risk further.
- The owner is always in the kitchen during breakfast and during the morning to ensure that procedures for avoiding cross-contamination are strictly followed.
- All food items on the buffet table are covered and cutlery is changed regularly to avoid cross-contamination.
- All hot food is cooked and served to order, again reducing the potential for cross-contamination.
- All guests are seated at individual dining tables and there is at least 1m space between tables.
- At Glendon we have two staff members who are continuously supervised to maintain hygiene standards. Being able to maintain high standards of cleanliness ensures the potential for cross-contamination is minimised.
- As part of the daily cleaning routine every room is cleaned and bathrooms disinfected with particular attention to high-touch surfaces.
- All public door handles/surfaces likely to be touched are sprayed with disinfectant spray twice daily.
- Glendon is a large three storey property and we accommodate a maximum of 12 guests. The location of rooms and spaces available for guests avoids large members of people in confined areas, again minimising the potential for cross-contamination.
- All guests with a booking at Glendon provide their address details. This allows us to ensure we are aware of any specific advice related to guests travelling into the UK from other countries and take any required action based on guidance from Public Health England.
If you have any concerns or questions please get in touch and we look forward to welcoming you at Glendon Bed and Breakfast
Other articles you may be interested in
What is a well dressing? Throughout Derbyshire during the summer months many of the villages display well dressings. A well dressing is in collage...
Matlock Restaurants Matlock has always offered a good range of places to eat and drink. The Italian, Indian and Thai restaurants have been serving...
Choose Derbyshire and the Peak District Each year surveys are published about the places best known as staycation destinations for a holiday in...
Climb every mountain…. Being outdoors and surrounded by such great scenery is one of the joys of living in Derbyshire. As restrictions relaxed one...
Enjoy going out to a pub after lockdown The welcome sight of the bright abundance of tulips and the sight of lambs in fields signals that winter is...
Looking forward to a break after Lockdown Having a path to the gradual relaxation of social restrictions is really positive news. The idea of being...